Quality time with our moms is so special; increasingly so as we get older and life just keeps getting busier.
That is why, this Mother’s Day, we’ve decided to forgo the traditional gift-list post and instead give you some ideas on how to spoil your mom (or any other woman that is a mom in you eyes) this Sunday by spending some good quality time with her, regardless of your budget parameters.
This will be a chance to make her feel special, for you to show her how much she means to you and ultimately just have a fun-filled, beautiful day with an amazing lady!
A Classic Pamper Session:
A good pamper is always a win, and most of the time, moms are far too busy with other things to make the time to be pampered.
- Grab some girly mags, open up some champers and make a Rose face mask together.
- Buy your mom a facial, and get one free for you to enjoy with her at the gorgeous Aura Skin Care Clinic in Parkhurst.
- Indulge in a few hours of relaxation outside of the city smoke with a Mother-Daughter pamper package at the Cradle Spa.
Decadent High Tea:
We absolutely love the idea of an afternoon filled with savoury treats and decadent sweet goodies and so will your mom!
- The Saxon Boutique Hotel offers one of the best and most elegant high-teas in the city!
- Experience a special Mother’s Day high tea garden party at the beautiful The View Boutique Hotel in Aukland Park.
- For those down by the Durban coast, The Oyster Box is having a Mothers Day high tea – there are two sittings, and it promises to impress!
Moms don’t always need grand gestures to feel important – sometimes, the simple things are just as effective.
- Grab an old school waffle and ice-cream, before heading to the cinema to watch the new film Mother’s Day.
- Visit the super stylish and decadent Magnum Pop-Up Store at Nelson Mandela Square and enjoy your own delicious creations.
- Arrive at Mom’s house with a gorgeous herb box, a few fresh herbs and some pot soil (The Garden Shop has everything you need) and spend a few hours together getting your green fingers dirty and enjoying the fresh air. The herb box will always remind her of this special day.
A Beautiful Sunday Lunch:
Nothing beats a hearty Sunday lunch, and Eat Out has provided us with some incredible ideas on where to celebrate this day.
You may not have the the luxury of your mom being in the same place as you this Sunday, so this conglomeration of authentic video messages may inspire you to send her something similar 🙂
On a personal note, we want to wish our own Mom’s a very happy Mothers Day – last year we told you how much you meant to us via this medium, and we both just want you to know again how extraordinary and pivotal you are in our lives.
This is also the last Mothers Day that Sam will be spending before she becomes a mom herself, so it makes it even more special for us here at Spruce!
Whatever you do to celebrate the mom’s in your life, we hope that they will know how important they are to you xxx