Happy 2016! We hope that magic, love and happiness are in store for everyone this year 🙂
The festive season break has ended with a vengeance leaving us with that back-to-school feeling; and while it’s back to normal life for most people this week, our bodies have certainly taken some strain from the overindulgence that comes with the festivities! If you are feeling anything like we both are, then you are also probably dying to restore the balance to your life as we charge head first into the New Year.
We’ve searched across the interwebs to find some of the best links to help us get back on track. #bringingbackthebalance might just be our mantra for the new few weeks 🙂
Healthy, glowing skin is always top of our list! It is also the place that will always show off excess holiday indulgence so these tips are great for us looking to restore the balance to our skin.
- 3 facial exercises to make your skin glow
- Get rid of excess dirt by using some amazing cleansing masks as suggested by Tori of Kiss, Blush and Tell
- Follow these food guides to eat your way to perfect skin and hair
Who doesn’t want to start the year with a mane of shiny, healthy hair? Sun, sea water, chlorine and messy buns can cause havoc on hair so these tips are for repairing and inspiring.
- Spend time on a coconut oil mask to help repair damaged hair
- Try a new hairstyle – these are some super easy styles that you can do in under 30 seconds
- Keep the beach-blonde tresses blonder for longer with these fabulous products
Back at work usually means back to sitting for hours at a time! Be kind to your body with these top recipes and ideas.
- The perfect and pretty detox drink or this one day soup detox recipe
- Get moving with your bestie
- Have a delicious smoothie bowl for breakfast
- It’s not only about working out for fitness, its about working out for the soul
- General tips from Kalya Itsines on how to bounce back from a binge
A healthy mind is THE most important aspect in achieving balance. We love these links:
- Write your own letter to 2016 like Sarah who writes for the Everygirl – putting it down into words makes things more real and tangible
- Declutter your wardrobe: New Year allows us the time to start fresh – here are some tips
- This digital detox seems like a must
- READ MORE – make the time to read rather than mindless tv watching or wasting of hours on social media.
- This fab article by Jessica Sepel contains a wonderful collection of tips for achieving a healthy mind.
Most importantly – remember that your journey back to balance is not the same as anyone else’s! So – obviously – we had to include what we will be doing to help bring back our own personal balance:
Sam: For me, January always starts off with a bang as it is my crazy-busy period at work which unfortunately does mean long hours and not enough rest. But I’ll working towards my balance by drinking more water, eating beautiful, natural food and ensuring I move throughout the day (my new apple watch is the perfect companion as it reminds me to move at least once an hour!). Hopefully, I will also keep exercising throughout the start of the month and this really helps me remain calm and centered.
Ilaria: I have decided that 2016 is going to be about de-cluttering my life as best as I can. I have already started with my closet, but I’m aiming for the rest of my home too! Speaking of home, I also like to change it up in the beginning of the year (moving furniture around, framing an old picture, new pillows) – it makes me feel refreshed and more balanced. Finally, in terms of my body – water, water, water, and more water. I certainly did not hydrate enough during the holidays, and I can feel it has caught up with me.
We hope we managed to inspire you with these links – and if you have any more tips to share with us, we would love to hear them!
Cheers to 2016!
If you liked this post, and would like to receive notifications of new posts via email, click here.