December means two things to us: silly season parties and holidays by the coast. It also means Christmas-gift shopping, which can be somewhat painful with packed shopping malls, queues and possible hangovers from all the parties! 😉 Thankfully, online shopping in South Africa has experienced a recent boom, rescuing the time-stressed and mall-haters. That said choosing a gift is still the most difficult part, and why, Superbalist’s curated list of 200 items under R200 – perfect for stocking fillers, Secret Santas and smaller gifts – has given us even more reason to love the online shop.
We picked out 6 of the 200 items (narrowing it down was tough) that we think are perfect presents – a little bit quirky, a lot fun and most-importantly wallet-friendly 🙂
- Beach Bats – R199 – “A lolly to make you jolly!” We could not help have a giggle looking at these beach bats and immediately say it in a Cape accent. These limited edition bats are a spot-on gift for just-about anyone heading to the beach during December.
- Govino Champagne Flutes – R169 for 4 – we kid you not! These flutes are made from BPA-free polymer plastic but replicate the appearance of crystal making them perfect for sipping a bit of bubbly on New Year ’s Eve on the beach or in the bush!
- Foresta Porcupine Canister –R179 – because the plastic container they come in are nowhere near as styling as this porcupine.
- Joseph and Joseph Conversion Cutting Board – R199 – an uncommon gift for your foodie friend or family-member, making preparing the Christmas turkey a touch easier.
- Healthy Snacks Lunch Box – R129 – This little pink box, with black and white elastic strap, is a great little gift and might help ensure the New Year’s resolution of eating more healthily endures past the second day of January…
- Floating Wine – R169 – We would probably buy this for ourselves just to see how a wine bottle can float on a rope!